Home News Flash

Posted on: November 2, 2017

Electrical Supplier Solicitations


The Village has received calls from residents concerned about solicitations they have received regarding alternative electrical suppliers. If you provide your Com Ed account number over the phone, companies are able to switch your electrical supply from Com Ed to another supplier. If you believe the calls are misleading or unwanted, you can call the Illinois Commerce Commission to file a complaint at (800) 524-0795 or online at www.icc.illinois.gov/consumer/complaint.

Please know that some solicitations may be from legitimate companies. If you want to weigh your independent options with alternative suppliers, visit www.pluginillinois.org  

To protect yourself from making an unwanted switch in electricity suppliers, the Village suggests you follow these steps:

1.  When you receive a call from a company regarding the supply of electricity, ask the caller to identify what company they work for.
2.  If they do not identify themselves or claim they work for Com Ed or represent the Village, do not provide any further information and report the call to the ICC.
3.  Ask the caller to provide you with a call back number or general phone number for the business.
4.  If the caller does not provide you with a phone number, do not provide any further information and report the call to the ICC.
5.  If the caller asks for your Com Ed account, do not provide it unless you are sure you want to enroll with that company.

Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

Other News in Home News Flash


New Trier High School Special Use

Posted on: December 26, 2017

Specially Tailored Election Referendum

Posted on: December 8, 2017

Featured Business

Posted on: January 1, 2018

Winter Safety Tips

Posted on: November 9, 2017

Happ Road Study

Posted on: July 26, 2016